During our recent team meeting in London, we discussed (amongst many other things) key priorities for the Foundation and individual team members.
One of the biggest benefits of these meetings is having the whole team on the same time zone, and in the same room. We only get to do this every few months, and with some of the senior team having extremely busy calendars we made sure to lock down the next team meeting for mid-September in Malta. This will allow the team to catch up, face-to-face, with important crypto and gaming contacts that reside in Malta.
During this time, as well as before and after, the commercial meetings Ash, John and Luke are undertaking have gone very well. There have been lots (and lots) of them, and we are pleased and proud to hear that, to many gaming industry people, CasinoCoin is well respected with regards to our technological development and team.
From a marketing point of view, we discussed how to plan and adapt to the many potential scenarios and scales of the BRM launch. We have just heard that our partner for the MGA sandbox test have officially submitted their intent to partner with us. This is something we’ve been waiting for and we are very excited it has moved forward. We hope to be able to share news of who this is soon, however we are waiting on word and next steps to be communicated from the MGA.
We also spoke about the conversations and opportunities regarding land-based gaming potential, however even with this exciting development, the group decision was to stay strongly focused on our commitment to our core product; the Bankroll Manager app. We all agreed that this must be fully operational, with a comprehensive marketing plan before attention is focused elsewhere. This doesn’t mean we let opportunities go, but it gives the whole foundation a clear directive as to how to prioritise.
Since the Foundation launched in September 2017, it has been of the utmost importance to the board of trustees, and the tech and marketing teams, that we do not over promise or create artificial hype around anything CasinoCoin is planning, we agreed this will not (ever) change.
We looked at our small team and the limited bandwidth we have, and began questioning anything and everything that is not core to delivering the BRM. This meant considering some difficult decisions with regards to non-tech roadmap points. As such, we’ve decided to postpone the CasinoCoin Foundation Summit and the launch of CasinoCoin Foundation memberships until 2019. The reason we’re only sharing this now is because we had to first try and update people within the community who have been extremely helpful in trying to make these a possibility this year.
These are important projects for our community, but for now all energy and focus must remain on tech development, integration and testing, in tandem with marketing plans to support the successful launch of our core product.
As soon as we have further details on when (in 2019) these projects will happen, we will update the community.
Last week, during our regular team meetings, the tech team announced they have decided to adjust the CRN roadmap. During the initial testing phase of the Community Relay Node program, the team identified opportunities for improvement which will need and extended testing period. As you know, the CasinoCoin CRN program is completely new, our developers are coding this from the ground up, so that means bugs take a little longer to fix. The next step will be to release an extended beta test of the fully working CRNs on the testnet. Once this is underway, we will be able to give a clearer estimation of when we can launch – this will depend on how much stress testing is deemed necessary, which we can’t identify until we begin the full beta test. This is only a small delay and we do not view it as a big deal or a problem. The projected start date for the beta testing is July 7th and we’ll let everyone know if this changes. Questions about CRNs can be directed via the relevant CRN channel in Discord.
We remain grateful for the support of our growing community, and we encourage any ad-hoc community meetups to take place, in absence of the summit. Please keep us posted on these smaller meetups; if any of the team can, they will head along.